Advisor - Mrs. Kuch
Email - email@example.com
Meetings - every other Monday after school
*If your group or organization needs some volunteers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll contact you to discuss the possibilities.
2022-2023 Student Board
President- Brandon VanLandegent
Vice President- Blakeslee Boudeman
Social Media Director- Ava Quinn
What is Volunteens?
Volunteens is a club for any Gull Lake High School student who is passionate and committed to making a difference in their community. There is no cost to join; the only thing we ask of our members is they donate their time and energy. Volunteens provides many leadership and service opportunities. Volunteering can also be a good way to fulfill community service/volunteer requirements for school, NHS, and enhance a college or job application.
MISSION: To promote personal growth, teamwork, community involvement and leadership development through volunteering. To empower young men and women to become active leaders in their family, school, and community.
- Volunteens are required to attend at least six events throughout the school year (average 2 events per trimester)
- Board Members are required to attend at least seven events throughout the school year and plan/organize at least two events.
- Volunteens and Board Members are required to attend monthly meetings (every other Monday).
- Volunteens are required to find a replacement if they have signed up for an event and cannot attend.
- Volunteens are required to volunteer their time.
- Attendance will be taken at every event/meeting.
- At any time we can remove members that are not committed to Volunteens!
- Rotary Spaghetti supper
- Gospel Mission Children's Party (for 96 kids where we had stations of balloon animals, face painting, craft bags, "Paint your Cookie", bean bag toss and a cake walk).
- Holiday Shopping for Families in Need
- Fall Conference representation and cookies for parents
- Frosty Friends Holiday Helpers (we helped the Richland kids buy presents for their families for the holiday season)
- Festival of the Trees at Camp Kidwell (we served the families dinner and helped older community members enter their bids on trees for the auction.)
- Basketball concessions to help the Sports boosters (students volunteer to help out our school concessions)
- Glitter (we will help with set up and in facilitating the show in whatever way is needed)
- Pasta for Pennies (We will help raise money for this cause during the last week of Feb and the 1st week in March to raise awareness and money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.)