School Immunization Requirements
In order to enter school, your student must have the following immunizations listed below. You do not have to wait until your child’s 5th birthday to complete the school requirements. All State of Michigan immunizations may be completed on or after the child’s 4th birthday. We must have a copy of your child’s immunization record from your doctor’s office or local county health department.
Required for all children entering kindergarten, all seventh-grade students and all children changing school districts:
- Two Doses of Varicella vaccine or history of chickenpox disease
- Four doses of DTP with the fourth dose on or after the 4th birthday
- Three doses of Polio with the third dose on or after the 4th birthday
- Two doses of MMR with the first dose given on or after the 1st birthday. Three doses of Hepatitis B (if series are given in infancy, the third shot must be given on or after the 6 month birthday)
Required for all children 11-18 years of age who are changing school districts or who are enrolled in 7th grade:
- One dose of Tdap vaccine (If 5 years have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria vaccine - DTaP,
Td or DT)
- One dose of Meningococcal (Menactra, MCV4 or MPSV4) vaccine
Vision and hearing testing are required before a child starts kindergarten. If you do not have a doctor that provides hearing and vision screening, please contact your local Human Services Department and schedule an appointment:
- Kalamazoo County Human Services 373-5200
- Calhoun County Health Department 969-6384
Thank you for attending to your child’s immunizations and screening in a timely manner. Please feel free to contact Joni Knapper RN, BSN, District Nurse with any questions at 548-3529.