The additions for 4th and 5th grade halls have been completed. Brick has been placed and windows will be installed soon.
- The STEAM labs are underway. Foundations and concrete slabs have been completed and the concrete block walls are under construction. Once concrete block is completed, the exterior brick work will begin.
- The emergency egress tunnel along the exterior of the existing school has been constructed. This “tunnel” will protect any necessary access along the construction zone while building of the concrete block walls is underway.
The foundations and underground work in the 3rd grade hall have been completed. Concrete block walls will begin in the next few weeks.
The new underground Sanitary Sewer lines outside of the 3rd grade hall has been installed and connected. Completion of this work allows normal use of the Ryan Intermediate School to continue while construction moves forward. Allowing for no interruptions to the school.
The new metal stud walls have been installed in the 5th grade hall. The classroom spaces are now defined into individual spaces.
A sample of the polished concrete floor has been completed and is ready for approval
The roof in the 5th grade hall has been installed.
Athletic Project – Construction Complete and currently finishing up project close out items.
·Maintenance/Storage Building – Currently out for bid. Planning to start construction for Project Spring 2020.
Kellogg Elementary – Completing Construction Documents, scheduled to receive bids January 2020 with construction to begin late spring 2020.
Richland Elementary – Design is ongoing, scheduled to receive bids in March 2020 with construction to begin summer 2020.
High School Auditorium – Design is ongoing, scheduled to receive bids in April 2020 with construction to begin late summer 2020.
2018 Bond Construction Update #3Jeff Brown -Gull Lake Board of Education Treasurer/Bond Chair
The Gull Lake School Board is excited to share this progress report with you on the construction projects supported by the 2018 Bond. Our Bond Steering Committee is working hard to stay on budget, on time and to complete our projects with the highest possible quality. Our team of GL Board and Staff, along with Kingscott (architects), Miller Davis (construction managers) and the many skilled laborers on the project, are working to meet the expectations of our community and provide an excellent upgrade to our instructional facilities to support all of our students’ success.
As you return to school you will notice that several projects have been completed and others are underway.
- The new stadium lighting, bleacher Improvements, accessible walkways and new fencing around the athletic field should be nearing completion.
- The Ryan Intermediate classroom additions and STEAM lab, along with mechanical and electrical system upgrades, have begun and are scheduled to be completed by fall of 2020.
- The new maintenance/storage building is in redesign with work beginning this fall and an anticipated completion date of summer 2020.
- Kellogg Elementary is currently in design, with bids expected by the end of the year and construction to begin spring of 2020 with a completion date of fall 2021.
- Richland Elementary is also currently in design with bids expected in late winter 2020, construction beginning in late spring/early summer of 2020 and completion at the end of summer 2021.
- The Gull Lake Performing Arts Center design is on track to be completed in late winter of 2020, followed with bidding in spring of 2020. Construction is expected in the late spring/early summer of 2020 with completion by the start of school in the fall of 2021.
As you may note, there will be many projects under construction during the regular school year. Every effort is being made to limit interruption of our normal school operations. Please be aware of the construction zones and take care to follow signage as to caution and restricted areas. Safety during construction for all members of our GL School students, parents and staff, along with the laborers, is our top priority.
2018 Bond Construction Update #2Jeff Brown -Gull Lake Board of Education Treasurer/Bond Chair
- Athletics Package – Bids out now
- Maintenance/Storage – Bid in Spring
- Kellogg & Ryan – Final Design Phase
- Richland & Auditorium – Prelim Designs Completed; Final Designs beginning in the next few months
2018 Bond Construction Update #1Jeff Brown -Gull Lake Board of Education Treasurer/Bond Chair
On May 6th the Gull Lake community approved a construction bond for the purpose of facility updates within the District. The project includes construction and/or remodeling of Kellogg Elementary, Richland Elementary, Ryan Intermediate, the long awaited High School Performing Arts Auditorium, continued technology updates and smaller projects including maintenance and storage buildings and ADA athletic improvements.
For construction to meet the expectations of the community a structure has been created to solicit input from District staff and leaders, oversee projects, make crucial decisions and align the project scope with the needs identified to be addressed by the project. The Board of Education is the Decision Overseer; this function is exercised primary through the Bond Steering Committee which is chaired by Jeff Brown who is joined by Brad Bagley and Jon Scott from the Board. The Committee also includes acting Superintendent Anderson and other appropriate GL staff as well as architects, construction management and Gull Lake’s owner’s representative. The Core Team is the Process Overseer which focuses on Design and oversees the entire Bond issue. The Design Input Committees which include building Principals, faculty/staff representatives, technical advisors and administration give very specific building and room design input based on current and anticipated future needs to be addressed with the construction project.
To set the time line for construction, multiple factors have been considered. These include; limiting the volume of work bid at one time to allow for bids from a wide variety of contractors, limiting the amount of work under construction at one time to avoid disruption within the District, addressing the needs of Kellogg Elementary early in the construction cycle given the challenging condition of the facility, biding during favorable times of the year to improve competitive bids, minimizing the potential for inequities between Kellogg and Richland Elementary by bidding them near the same time. The goal is to build high quality facilities, meet each time line and construct within the scope of the budget, it is critical to do this with minimal disruption to our students, staff and community.
Based on these and other significant factors the following time line has been approved by the Steering Committee:
- Maintenance and Storage Buildings and Athletic/ADA improvements: Bid Feb 2019, Construction Spring 2019 -Sept 2019
- Kellogg Elementary: Bid Spring 2019, Construction June 2019-August 2020
- Ryan Intermediate: Bid Spring 2019, Construction June 2019-October 2020
- Richland Elementary: Bid September 2019, Construction November 2019-March 2021
- HS Performing Arts Auditorium Bid February 2020, Construction April 2020-July 2021.